Safe Today, Here Tomorrow
United Steel has a strong commitment to the safety of our employees. We approach safety as a priority in all we do, from hiring a full-time safety director, supporting an active safety committee, conducting ongoing employee training (including a company-wide OSHA 10-hour construction outreach training program), and most importantly, encouraging employee involvement through open and honest communication, feedback and suggestions.
Award Winning Performance
United Steel’s award-winning safety performance has yielded impressive results, including:
- A 60% reduction in injuries
- An ongoing reduction of our EMR
- Lower workers compensation costs
- Two Platinum Safety Achievement Awards from the CCIA
- Two excellence in risk management awards from The Hartford Insurance Group
At United Steel, safety is a critical part of our culture and an integral part of our daily routine. It’s why we developed the mission to “end each day where it started, safe at home.”
Click below to schedule a tour of United Steel, call in, or e-mail to discuss your structural steel or miscellaneous metals needs.